If you have a Ford Sync system in your car, you may be familiar with the dreaded black screen of death. This problem can be extremely frustrating, but don’t worry—I am here to help!
In this blog post, I’ll share five proven ways to fix your Ford Sync system’s black screen of death. Keep reading to learn more!
|Probable Reasons||Possible Fixes|
|Fault Cables||Check The Cables And Replace them If Needed|
|Software Issue||Update your SYNC system|
|Hanged Condition||Perform A Soft Reboot.|
|Faulty Monitor||Change It Or Repair it if possible|
|Faulty Power Supply Unit||Reset|
Why Is Ford Sync & So Popular?
Ford Sync is a voice-activated system that allows drivers to control their music, navigation, and phone calls hands-free-It was one of the first systems on the market and has been praised for its ease of use.
It is available on most Ford models, including the popular F-150 truck.
It’s no secret that Ford Sync is one of the market’s most popular in-car infotainment systems.
But what is it that makes Sync so popular? Here are a few reasons:
Ease of use
Sync is designed to be easy to use, even for those who are not tech-savvy. The voice-activated system allows drivers to control their music, navigation, and phone calls without ever having to take their hands off the wheel.
Ford Sync is available on most Ford models, including the popular F-150 truck. This means drivers don’t have to break the bank to enjoy the benefits of Sync.
One of the main reasons Sync is so popular is because it increases safety on the road. By allowing drivers to keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road, Sync helps reduce the risk of accidents.
Reasons For Why My Ford Sync Screen Blackout
1. Incorrect Languages Selected
If you have recently traveled abroad or changed your language settings, this could be the reason why your Ford Sync screen has blacked out. To fix this, go into the Settings menu and check that the correct languages are selected.
If your Ford Sync screen has blacked out due to overheating, it will likely display a message saying so. In this case, you’ll need to wait for the unit to cool down before trying to use it again.
3. Hard Reset
If your Ford Sync screen is still unresponsive after cooling down, you may need to perform a hard reset. To do this, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
4. Software Update
If you’ve recently updated the software on your Ford Sync system, a bug may have caused the screen to black out. In this case, you’ll need to wait for a new update to fix the problem.
5. Hardware Issue
In rare cases, a hardware issue can cause the Ford Sync screen to black out. If this is the case, you’ll need to take your car to a Ford dealership for repairs.
How To Fix The Black Screen On My Ford Sync
- Check your fuse box
- Try a hard reset
- Check your connections
- Update your SYNC system
- Replace your display
- Try A Factory Reset
1. Check your fuse box
If there is a problem with the fuse, it may cause the system to malfunction.
- Check your fuse box for any blown fuses.
If you find a blown a fuse, replace it with a new one of the same amperage.
- Once you have replaced the fuse, restart your car and see if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, there may be an issue with the Sync system.
In this case, you will need to take your car to a Ford dealership or an authorized repair shop for further diagnosis and repairs.
2. Try A Hard Reset
If your Ford Sync system is giving you trouble, there are a few things you can try to get it working again. First, try a hard reset. To do this, press and hold the power button on your Sync unit for about 10 seconds. This will reboot the system and hopefully clear up any glitches.
If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting the system via the infotainment screen. To do this, press the “Settings” button, then scroll down to “System.” Select “Master Reset” and follow the prompts. Again, this will reboot your Sync system and hopefully fix any issues.
3. Check the cable connections.
Check The Power Supply If the black screen on the Ford Sync is still on, check to ensure power is going to the system. You can do this by checking the voltage at the fuse.
To do this, you will need a multimeter. If no power is going to the system, the problem is most likely a bad fuse.
Check The Display If the black screen on the Ford Sync is still on, check to ensure the display is working. To do this, you will need a multimeter. If the display is not working, the problem is likely bad.
Check The Audio If the black screen on the Ford Sync is still on, check to ensure that the audio is working.
4. Update your SYNC system
You can fix the black screen on your Ford Sync system by following these simple steps
- Make sure your car is in the park, and the engine is turned off
- Once you’re sure your car is in park, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds have passed, release the power button and then press it again
- This will cause your Ford Sync system to reboot
- Once the system has rebooted, the black screen should be gone, and you should be able to see your SYNC menu
If this doesn’t work, you may need to update your SYNC system
- To do this, go to the Ford website and download the latest SYNC update
- Once you’ve downloaded the update, follow the instructions on how to install it
- After the installation is complete, restart your car and see if the black screen is gone
5. Replace Your Display
When driving down the road, your Ford Sync display going black is the last thing you want to worry about. Unfortunately, this is a relatively common issue caused by anything from a loose connection to a failed component.
If you’re experiencing a black screen on your Ford Sync display and have tried all the solutions mentioned above, you may need to change or replace your display. By doing this, you will be able to enjoy all the features of Ford Sync, like a new one.
6. Factory Reset
If you’ve tried all the above and your Ford Sync screen is still black, you’ll need to perform a factory reset. This will erase all your data and settings, so back up anything important before proceeding. To factory reset your Ford Sync system, go into the Settings menu and select the ‘Reset’ option.
Also Read: What Does XLT Stand For Ford Automobiles?
How Do I Unfreeze My Ford Sync?
If you’re having trouble with your Ford Sync system, there are a few things you can try to unfreeze it.
- First, try restarting your car. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the system by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
- If neither works, you may need to take your car to a Ford dealer to check the system.
How Do I Fix My Ford Focus SYNC?
If your Ford Focus SYNC is acting up, there are a few things you can do to try to fix it.
- First, you can try resetting the system. To do this, press the power button for about 10 seconds.
- If that doesn’t work, you can try unplugging the system for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.
- When neither of those things works, you may need to take your car to a Ford dealership to have them take a look at it.
Where Is The SYNC Fuse On A Ford Focus?
The SYNC fuse is located in the engine bay on the left-hand side. It is a black box that has a green label on it. It is a black plastic fuse that is easy to spot. If you need to replace the SYNC fuse, unscrew the old one and screw in a new one.
Why Did Ford Explorer Temporarily Lost Communication With The Touch Screen?
If you have a Ford Explorer with the MyFord Touch infotainment system, you may have experienced a problem where the system temporarily loses communication with the touch screen.
This can happen when the system is rebooted, or the vehicle is turned off and restarted.
The good news is that Ford is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to help prevent the problem from happening.
- First, ensure that your vehicle is running the latest software version. You can check this by going to the Ford website and looking up your vehicle’s VIN.
- Second, try not to use the touch screen while the vehicle is running. If you must use it, turn off the engine first.
- Third, if the problem persists, you may want to take your vehicle to a Ford dealer and have them check for any software updates.
How do I reset my infotainment screen?
If you need to reset your infotainment screen, there are a few different ways that you can do so.
- The first way is to turn off the power to the screen for a few seconds and then turn it back on.
- The second way is to use the reset button, usually located behind the screen.
- If neither method works, you may need to contact a professional for help.
If you have been struggling to find a fix for the Ford Sync black screen of death, I hope that my list of solutions has helped. While some fixes may be more involved, I am confident that at least one of these methods will work for you.
Be sure to try them all until you find the one that works best for your situation. Have you had success with a different method? Let us know in the comments below!
James Diaz here; I’ve been working on cars for over 11 years. I live in Memphis, where I work at a repair shop for motor vehicles, and I have also discovered a deep love for writing blog posts. To better serve my clients, I have created this blog in which I will address the questions I am most often asked. I hope that you find what you are looking for, and if you need to get in touch with me, you may do so using my contact page.